Orange Cyberdefense South Africa is the expert cybersecurity business unit of the Orange Group, we provide managed security services, penetration testing and cybersecurity training to organisations around the globe. Orange Cyberdefense South Africa is born from the SensePost team originally founded in Centurion 21 years ago.
In February 2019, SensePost became a part of Orange Cyberdefense – Europe’s leading go-to security services provider. We are currently looking for an mid-level Advisory Associate to join our team!
This position is responsible for supporting the senior team members of the Advisory and Assessment division and independently conduct specific fact-finding exercises. The Advisory and Assessment division leverages domain expertise, systems thinking, experience and facts to be the trusted advisor to our clients.
This role is also required to conduct on-going research in the Information security arena and regularly assist in the strategic sales process as well as transfer their knowledge in tangible ways to the organisation as well as our clients.
- Translate (with supervision) technical findings from the assessments into business relevant advice
- Translate risk into cybersecurity meaning
- Remain current on advancements within the cybersecurity field – this implies that you should be able to have a meaningful discussion with experts in the field, being able to (at least at a systems level) apply the concepts to designs, reviews and technical discussions – this does not make you an expert in everything but a well-informed resource to any team.
- Bring, Build, and Retain a pristine professional character which can be trusted
- Provide an integrative role between sales, presales, clients, and analysts
- Fully grasp and communicate the concepts within the world of hacking
- Research cutting edge security topics and new attack vectors
- Assist with strategic sales to prospective clients
- Be a second trainer on the executive trainings
- Assist with threat modelling exercises and other risk-related activities
- Communication of work via appropriate platform, i.e. conference, blog, social media, TV interview or social setting
- Work independently on projects
- Mentor to team members
- Build knowledge back into the institution – teach us to be better and make it business as usual
You must hold the following experience and skills to join us as an Advisory Associate
Required – IT / Computer / Systems / Electronic /related degree(B.Sc. / B.Eng.) or certificate
Optional - An industry leading certification from the ISO27000 family, CEH, CISSP, CREST, OSCE or equivalent.
Experience / Knowledge Required
- A wizard at presentations, with strong English verbal, and written communication skills – consider a lot of our work is done remotely so you’d have to take your communication skills and thrive in an interactive remote environment
- Interest in security, privacy, governance, risk and compliance concepts applicable to information and data security, includes any interests in things like blockchain, zero trust, and any other disruptive tech or trends
- People – ability to work with diverse global teams
- Engineering/Technical understanding of Information Security
- A passion for technology
- Action oriented
- Motivated by being at the forefront of technology, and pushing technology boundaries
- Willingness to travel when required, possibly abroad
- Analytical and critical thinker
- The ability to prioritize
- Team player
- Evil bit (hacker way of looking at complex problems and solving them creatively)
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies as an Advisory Associate, you will be offered a variety of benefits and perks that can be detailed on request.
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to excel within the cyber security industry!
Please send your CV now for immediate consideration.